One of the main complaints when it comes to men's hair care is thin hair due to hair loss. But there are plenty of natural ways for men to plump up thinning hair, without resorting to the style travesties of plugs or comb overs. Here are the top 10 tips for plumping up thinning hair naturally.
1. Ask your stylist to give you a volume enhancing cut which minimizes any bald areas and helps to create a fuller look naturally. A good stylist will be able create a smart look which gives you the ability to plump the hair after each wash. They may also suggest some high quality salon hair products to create the look you are after. If you can afford them then this is usually a good investment.
2. Try a volume enhancing shampoo and try not to use heavy or moisturising shampoos as these can weigh down the hair, making it look thinner. Ideally, choose salon hair products or other high quality hair care products, these have superior ingredients which will not build up residue on the hair as some cheaper hair care products can.
3. Finish your hair wash with a blast of very cold water. This may seem a little uncomfortable at first, but it only needs to be for a few seconds, to cover the hair, and it will help to increase shine and fullness.
4. When drying the hair, treat it carefully. Blot the hair dry instead of rubbing, as rough treatment can speed up hair loss.
5. Try a volume root enhancer ï¿½ there are lots of hair care products on the market which can do this, again, salon hair products usually give better results due to their higher quality ingredients.
6. To blow dry, separate the hair into 1-2 inch sections. Lift each section using a barrel brush and blow dry from the roots to the ends to ruffle the cuticle, making the hair appear fuller.